The UMS Online Masters Program in Holistic Healing, Spiritual Psychology Counseling, and Success Coaching happens simultaneously with the local program, but allowing more flexibility of hours.
- Online students must come for in-person studies at our Mt. Shasta campus for the first 10 days of class in October and last 5 days of classes including practical final exam and graduation the following September. (See schedule of Classes)
- The rest of the classes can be taken from anywhere in the world if you have a computer and high speed internet.
- We encourage online students to attend as many classes as possible at Mount Shasta, but the online program is almost as experiential highly transformative as the residential program.
- All certifications are available online accept Light Body Yoga Instructor Certification.
- The cost of the online program is exactly the same as the local program.
The online classes immediately follow the local classes that happen on most weekends from the first weekend in October to the last weekend in May. Each weekend class can be viewed live, or later. Then online students have about 5 days to do their homework assignments on their own and via Skype interactions with other students.
The pace is rapid, allowing little room for falling behind, If a student does need to withdraw, upon acceptance of their application for Leave of Absence, they can pick up where they left off – for up to 3 years later.
All the work is broken down into small steps that can be practiced easily. No part of the program is considered technically hard. We have found no student unable to learn the skills who apply themselves. On the other hand, one’s emotional process to heal memories and toxic relationships may be challenging during certain periods.
Our Online Program is still considered full time school during the first 8 months. While being an online student (as well as a local student at UMS) if the student must work a job, the faculty suggests working part time instead of full time because there is so much inner and outer work. However there are some students who have worked full time and performed excellently.